Monday, February 20, 2012

MIT OCW Exercise for Ch 1.

I started on the first exercise for the MIT book. Since part of my goal with this class is to produce the answers using GNU R, the time to produce the answer was not very time efficient. I expect time to improve as I progress over the learning curve of the VennDiagram package.

Suppose that A ⊂ B. Show that Bc ⊂ Ac.
The subset is the white area while Ac is both white and yellow areas.



I would like to thanks DWin from StackExchange for his guidance on the VennDiagram package.

Improvements I should consider for this diagram.
  1. Add the label for universal set U (which would equal the area for Bc ).
  2. Fill in the universal set U with a color other than white.
  3. Remove the number values as they are not important for this exercise.
Of course I am open to your comments to improve this diagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment